Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pop goes the...

...rib bone. No, don't get alarmed. Pumpkin is just fine, but I will never be the same (melodramatic music playing softly in the background).

We were playing--having a great time. One of his toys was behind the sofa, out of reach. Any sane half-intelligent person would have walked around to the back of the sofa to retrieve the toy. Not this girl. N-o-o-o-o-o. I leaned over the back of the sofa. Really leaned. But I'm short and couldn't reach. So, did I give up, and walk around to the back of the sofa? Of course not! I leaned some more. Feet higher than head type of leaning.

And then I heard a "pop".

One broken rib, on the left side, directly beneath the underwire.

I'll be fine. It only hurts when I cough, laugh, reach, bend, move, or breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment